Above is an example showreel I have created that will go along the same path as my final showreel.
There are a few improvements needed before the final showreel including:
- The use of my own material to be included in the showreel, that way its displaying my work to potential employers.
- Better transitions between videos of my work is needed, I got the fade between Maya videos right, however there aren't any transitions between any of the other videos.
- Smaller videos over the top of larger videos to show different views (wire frame, textured, etc) so employers know how I work.
- An animation at the start of the video, just for the text, so as to make the showreel interesting from the start and have it stand out compared to motionless text.
- Perhaps different music, sort of more mellow, or at the very least, have the videos transition along with the music, therefore it looks more appealing.
- Similar to the last video (the cottage), show a concept or what the scene is meant to look like in the bottom left of the screen.
- Have a border along the bottom of the showreel with my name and email address, constantly reminding the viewer of who I am.